Quantcast

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Pre Pub Book Buzz: Leona: The Die is Cast by Jenny Rogneby

I've been tuning in to a host of Book Riot podcasts of late - all of which are terrible for my TBR! One of them, Read or Dead, is focused exclusively on mystery/suspense/thriller titles and launched just this month with a discussion that included recapping some of the titles featured at BEA, including the first in the Leona series, The Die is Cast by Jenny Rogneby.

Here's a bit about the book from Goodreads:

Naked and bloody, a seven-year-old girl walks into a bank in central Stockholm in broad daylight and gets away with millions. Leona Lindberg of Stockholm's Violent Crimes Division agrees to work on the case. With a long, distinguished history in the police force, she seems the perfect choice. But Leona is grappling with deep issues of her own--a gambling addiction, a strained marriage--that could jeopardize the investigation. As she struggles to keep the volatile pieces of her life under control, the line between right and wrong becomes increasingly unclear--and even irrelevant.

I love a good Scandi crime and I am definitely intrigued by the premise here. Unfortunately I did not manage to snag a copy of this one at BEA myself, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it when it releases from Other Press in August. 

No comments: