Quantcast

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors Who Take Up My Bookshelves

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: Authors we own the most books by.


I've made a few exceptions - I'm not counting my R.L. Stine or Christopher Pike books. I'm also not including the massive stack of Anne Perry titles I inherited from my grandmother (I've not read ANY of either of her series as of yet).

1. Stephen King - 55 - This was always going to be the top one :)

2. Dean Koontz - 40 - I binge read Koontz one summer as a teen. I did continue reading him for some years after but haven't bought a new one in quite some time. 

3. Mary Higgins Clark - 31+ I do have some newer titles by Clark but haven't read her in quite a while. I had a massive collection of my own but have folded my grandmother's copies in now as well. 

4. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - 17 + 5 Child & 3 Preston - you can't separate these two. Yeah, they do their own solo stuff and you can see I have some of those, but even barring those the cowritten titles take up a big chunk of my shelf. 

5. John Saul - 22 - I read most of these around the same time as the Koontz collection. 

6. Some ties at 23 books each - Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich, Douglas Clegg - I don't think I quite realized how large my Clegg collection is! I'm impressed with myself :) Sue Grafton and Janet E are pretty self explanatory - Grafton's up to "W" in her series and Janet E is up to 21 with the Stephanie Plum series. 

7. Faye Kellerman - 21 - her Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series caught my attention with Milk and Honey, which I read on my senior trip. I binged the majority of the series after that!

8. Harlan Coben - 20 - 'cause Coben rocks!

9. Another tie at 19 - Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine (14/5) and Michael Palmer - Vine/Rendell has a series and a number of standalones under her belt, all of which are perfect examples of sly British psychological suspense and masterful plotting. As for the Palmer, unfortunately his last book just came out this year. I loved his medical thrillers, though, and started reading them around the time the movie Extreme Measures was released. 

10. And tied with 18 books each - Robin Cook and Peter Robinson - Cook was part of my medical thriller obsession that started in the 90s. As for the Robinson, his newer titles caught my attention and then my grandmother offered up her whole backlist collection. Of course I wasn't going to say no!

2 comments:

Benni said...

All of my Christopher Pike books are at my parents' place, so I suspect if I had counted those, he'd make it on this list, too. I remember a time when "Fall Into Darkness" was my favorite book...

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

You are one of the few TTT participants I've come across whose authors are totally different than mine - which is cool; I like seeing what other people love!