Quantcast

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

All Seeing Eye by Rob Thurman

It always amazes me how little I get to read while traveling. I get all jazzed up and over pack books that I think I'm going to read on the plane and in the loooong waits at the airport and yet something about the uncomfortable seats, the inevitable exhaustion, and the constant distraction ruins my reading plans. It takes a really captivating book to beat those terrible odds, let me tell you! Rob Thurman's All Seeing Eye did manage to do the trick, however, thankfully :)

Jackson Lee has a gift. Well, it's not so much a gift as it is a curse considering it began with seeing the final moments of his young sister's life. When Jackson touches an item he can see things about the owner, their secrets, their lies, the things they want no one else to see. It's how Jackson makes a living. When the government gets wind though, things take a turn for the worst. Seems a top secret project has resulted in a strange series of accidents that have begun to spiral out of control. And when Jackson isn't quite on board, the government is totally willing to use force to get his help... regardless of the cost. 

Thurman is best known for her urban fantasy series featuring Cal Leandros. All Seeing Eye is a little bit different than you'd expect. It's got supernatural elements but none of the elves or creatures that inhabit her other series. Nope, this is a straight up thriller with ghosts. And it's dark. I've only read Nightlife by Thurman before now and I remember being a bit surprised by how dark that one was as well. It's a nice element in my opinion. Plus it made All Seeing Eye that much more creepy of a read - and you all know how much I love a good creepy read!

Here with Jackson Lee, Thurman explores some truly gruesome sites as he tries to track down a killer that only he can find. And when I say gruesome, I do mean gruesome! There's no word yet if this is to become a series but I would definitely love to see more of this character and his ability. I can only begin to imagine the kinds of cool storylines Thurman could come up with. For a taste, check out this excerpt from Thurman's blog.

And the super cool trailer:



Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

Jen | Book Den said...

This sounds like a book I would LOVE. I instantly want to pick up anything with ghosts in it, but all the better for being dark and creepy.