Quantcast

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slide Playlist

Hi, all. I appear to be returning to real life. I've been laid up sick all weekend and through yesterday. It's been loads of fun. I mentioned on twitter that I had to put together a 90s playlist to go along with reading Slide this weekend. I mostly relied on Genius to cull through my 90s collection -- making a great playlist is a bit like making a mixed tape used to be.

I'll put some selections from my music collection below, but I also noted all the references in the book as well. In some cases, it was just a band reference, so I'm including my own song selection (hopefully there will be an official playlist once the book is released):

Oasis - Live Forever
Pearl Jam - Alive
Smashing Pumpkins - Zero
Weezer -- The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
Decemberists - I sadly only know one song by this band
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Alice in Chains - Would?
Smashing Pumpkins - Drown
Bobby McFerin - Don't Worry Be Happy
Veruca Salt - Seether (of course)
Liz Phair - Supernova
Ani DiFranco - the only other one on the list I never listened to
A Perfect Circle - Thinking of You
Pearl Jam - Black
Gin Blossoms - Til I Hear it From You

And some of mine:

Bush - Glycerine
Pearl Jam - Daughter
Dave Matthews Band - Typical Situation
The Cure - Just Like Heaven (technically 80s but rereleased on a '97 collection)
Marcy Playground - Sherry Fraser
Garbage - Only Happy When it Rains
Poe - Angry Johnny
Sponge - Molly
Counting Crows - Anna Begins
Oasis - Champagne Supernova

2 comments:

Jill Hathaway said...

This is soooooo cool! Also love Poe and Counting Crows!!!

Becky LeJeune said...

It was fun! A total blast from the past. It also made me realize how much of my music I still haven't put into my ITunes :)