Quantcast

Friday, December 24, 2010

NAC Mini Challenge -- Nightlife by Rob Thurman

So Rob Thurman's Nightlife just happens to be my second choice in the for Literary Escapism's current NAC Mini Challenge.

Cal Leandros knows all to well that there are monsters in this world. He is one. Or half, anyway. He and his brother, Niko, call them Grendels, but they are in fact elves. Wicked, monstrous creatures unlike anything you've imagined them to be. And they want Cal for something. They took him once. He escaped, but he can't remember how. He and Niko have been on the lookout for the Grendels ever since, and now it seems they may have returned.

I really enjoyed this first in the series. It was much darker than I'd expected, and I liked the twist with the elves. Thurman's characters are interesting as well, the supporting cast of Robin Goodfellow and Georgina the teenage psychic especially intrigued me. I'm looking forward to learning more of their stories in subsequent books.

I'll keep this short because today is Christmas Eve! I hope everyone has a great holiday and gets to spend lots of time with their loved ones. Relax, eat some great food, and enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

One day I will get to this book.

Merry Christmas!

Becky LeJeune said...

Haha, Vickie! There are soooo many to choose from and definitely not enough days in the week to read them all. This is a good one.