Quantcast

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday afternoon

Man, time just rolls by! It's already after noon here and I feel like I haven't gotten anything done -- in other words, I haven't had a chance to read my book! I did get stuff done, btw. Signed up for the Book Blogger Holiday Swap a couple of weeks ago and got my gift off today. Also sent my little sisters' presents and friend-Jen's box o' books.

I would have had an Under the Dome update ready for you today, but honestly, I barely touched it yesterday. Today is Mike's 28th and his friends are headed out of town for a family reunion and to search for wedding locations. Luckily, my b-day celebration dinner was a dinner in two parts -- pork roast for Mike and me and then jambalaya with the leftovers for company. So we had the celebration yesterday and I spent a lot of my time preparing the dinner.

Got the roast in the oven early (like 10am) so that it could cook down for the rest of the day. Did a cherry pie and then had to hit the grocery story for some dirty rice fixins. After all of that, I wrapped gifts and hit up the bookstore for more possible gifts (and shame on them for not having the one copy of the one book in the middle of the series that I needed -- they had multiple copies of the others in the series so it was a little weird). Anywho. I kind of felt like a chicken with my head cut off.

I also got good news about the job. I start Dec 1 and I'm supposed to be headed to Charleston for training that week. I'm super excited and really looking forward to it. That kind of lit a fire under me for holiday stuff, though, since next week is Thanksgiving and then I'm supposed to be gone for a week. Seemed like I should get presents out and shipped today, which involved getting them packaged yesterday.

By the time I sat down and had a minute to myself with nothing else to worry about, it was pretty much time for bed. And since the King weighs in at just under 4 lbs, I did some light reading in the tub and crashed.

So, errands are done for the day and I should have plenty of time to devote to my book this afternoon before Mike makes me watch Up!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the job. Maybe I am slow but what is the new job?

Becky LeJeune said...

Hi, Cheryl. I'll be commissioning history books for TX, LA, CO, and NM. If you know of anyone working on anything -- or who has a great knowledge of CO history and could pull something together -- let me know.